Collaboration Number 7

Artyczar

I have been doing gouache collaborations with another artist and this is the seventh one so far. It is about 30 x 23 inches on Rives BKF paper. They started this one and I finished it. We have been doing this back and forth. It is not titled yet. When they are done, we get together and give them some pretty terrific names. Can't wait to title this one. :)

They did almost of the black on this and I did all the color.

gouache572.jpg

I like it . Gouaches and bright colors and rhythm ...Must be very funny to make . One title could be the night is taking over ... :)) But I also see a blue whale in the right corner ...

Wow this one is so interesting! 🤩 It feels fun and energized and upbeat to me and I'll bet you come up with a great title.

Beautiful, and strong. This is one of the best ones from you two! ❤️ So happy to know you're still doing this together, because it's always a treat seeing how well you collaborate. Amazing!

Looking forward to the title.

I find it hard to come up with fun titles for my abstracts. They seem just like objects to me.

That's quite a remarkable example of beneficial symbiosis, Ayin. The other artist's aesthetic must align very closely with yours. To my eyes, those small changes you made really pulled it together nicely.

Thank you Kay! And Hermes, I appreciate your comments. It took us a number of experiments to start getting some successful pieces actually. I hope we can get at least 12 of them altogether and maybe display them somewhere.

Thanks Erik! :)

Captain, Interesting! Even though you see abstract as objects, don't you think titles can be much more open-ended and subjective? Or do you think it puts too much suggestion into the viewer's mind? This is why I am (and this partner I'm working with) are very careful not to title anything too literal in terms of imagery you can pull out of the work. We go on feelings, impressions, and then work with different words that give those feelings some definition to us as the creators.

In essence, these are all "protective landscapes" that celebrate our shared similarities. That's what we've been trying to create, with a sense of joy.

Thank you Kay! And Hermes, I appreciate your comments. It took us a number of experiments to start getting some successful pieces actually. I hope we can get at least 12 of them altogether and maybe display them somewhere.

Thanks Erik! :)

Captain, Interesting! Even though you see abstract as objects, don't you think titles can be much more open-ended and subjective? Or do you think it puts too much suggestion into the viewer's mind? This is why I am (and this partner I'm working with) are very careful not to title anything too literal in terms of imagery you can pull out of the work. We go on feelings, impressions, and then work with different words that give those feelings some definition to us as the creators.

In essence, these are all "protective landscapes" that celebrate our shared similarities. That's what we've been trying to create, with a sense of joy.

Yes, certainly it is because I think it suggests too much. But others who choose to title their works don't bother me, I usually don't think about titles anyways, not too much anyways.

I have been doing gouache collaborations with another artist and this is the seventh one so far. It is about 30 x 23 inches on Rives BKF paper. They started this one and I finished it. We have been doing this back and forth. It is not titled yet. When they are done, we get together and give them some pretty terrific names. Can't wait to title this one. :)

They did almost of the black on this and I did all the color.

View attachment 26568
Collaboration are fun! Love how you do it.

Excellent collaboration! The black design crawling around through it gives a punch to the color! Love it. ❤️❤️

Thanks sno. Niki, my collaborative partner did all the black (most all of it). I did some on the left side.

Back