Charcoal Cast

moscatel

“Jerome”, charcoal & white chalk, 45×70 cm. (Nitram cold press charcoals I think they are called)
Cast drawing from life, few yrs back. I use now this as my avatar.

IMG_20191111_193805.jpg

C& C welcome!

Wow - That is excellent !
Cheers,
Patricia

This come across as almost 3D on my screen. Like you pasted the model to the paper - absolutely extraordinary! I can just feel the coldness of the stone/marble. I was so mesmerized by the image, I did not notice a small glimpse of the model in the background. When your next post mentioned showing the model, I half expected to see a very old man. ;)

Donna, in this one I used comparative measuring. That's the method I mostly use when there's a need to measure exact things. Thanks!

Joy, thank you!
You bet I often wanted to paste the model directly to my paper when I was working on this old man.

Amazing! The 3D effect is uncanny: it is enhanced by the fact that the lighting in the drawing coincides with that on the real model in the photo.

Hermes, thank you! If you stand always in the same spot when you look at the model and if the light in a room won't change them you get the shadows/lights in your drawing as they are in the model.

Superb work! It strikes me as being 3D, too.

Funny, I thought your avatar was a selfie. ;)

Arty, thank you!
randarrington, thanks! There's white chalk in the highlights. The paper is toned greyish about value 4 (if you look at the borders of the paper you can see the color) so I couldn't have gotten highlights done without white chalk.
PaintBoss, thank you!

Back