Barn In Winter

Enyaw

namuh
001.jpg

11 x 14 oil on paper .. study .. alla prima .. painted May 28/22

Thank you CaliAnn . Snow is exciting because of reflections.

Thanks Donna. It took some but I think I got it now and I won't have to go over it ten times before I get it.

Oh, this is glorious! I'm loving that snow in particular. This is one soft and quiet palette - I love it!! Very Monet like.

Thank you Terri. Thank you Lamar.
In today's markets we are flooded with full intensity color as if the purest intensity wins. I don't get it but I don't get a lot of things. I must finally be acting my age. :(

I heard a rumour that old foggies like muted color because it is less active in engagement. 😲

In today's markets we are flooded with full intensity color as if the purest intensity wins. I don't get it but I don't get a lot of things. I must finally be acting my age. :(
I feel the same way about the beauty of muted colors. Old barn wood and winter trees always speak to me in ways that bold colors never do. Maybe I shouldn't be saying that trees speak to me ... :)

Oh but yes, all things have a voice but only the few can hear them. You are a lucky one.

Fantastic, love how you capture the light.
(Light and reflctions is something are teally need to work on)

Thank you EJH. Yes, light and shadow is a form of live so the painting comes a little more alive.

I typed that post rather late, horrible typo's! It should of course read "I really need to work on "

I thought so. Typos are the norm. Lol. Should read I am working on that. Take that bull by the horns and show him who's boss.

Back