An online lesson in ink

jmfletch

Used multiple sizes ofmicron pens on about 1/3 of a page in 9x12 inch a sketchbook
C&C welcomed..

F3E05A30-7E46-4A65-B55C-223FB6C5DE13.jpeg

Thank you jo, CaliAnn and ArtyCzar For taking time to comment and support

This was a ’challenge’ project.Basic he provides reference photos to use with only generic guidance. Used multiple sizes of micron pens in 9x12 inch sketchbook.
This is complete challenge of 3 photos on a single page.

C&C is very much welcomed.
9EB5513D-4B33-4887-A7B3-BD7898A30049.jpeg

They are all excellent, but my fave is the lock b/c of the varied patterns, values, and composition. You are quite good at this and must have a lot of patience.

They are all excellent, but my fave is the lock b/c of the varied patterns, values, and composition. You are quite good at this and must have a lot of patience.
Well it is fun so patience is not really needed. Hard part for me is getting started.

Not only nice, it's also inspiring!
I guess I don't think of different sizes of pens being used --just never thought about it until you said it there. I guess I think of pens as being one size, (or fine) then on to various markers... Still, they're pretty small, measured in millimeters, right?
I also appreciate that you included the dimensions of your piece.

Not only nice, it's also inspiring!
I guess I don't think of different sizes of pens being used --just never thought about it until you said it there. I guess I think of pens as being one size, (or fine) then on to various markers... Still, they're pretty small, measured in millimeters, right?
I also appreciate that you included the dimensions of your piece.
Yes technial pens are measured in mm. Most brands use the mm to size but Micron has its own numbering system. Micron goes from 003 to 12. I mostly use 005. 02 or 03, and 08. The 10 and 12 are fairly new and have not tried them. Mostly I use the 02 or 03. Use the 005 for fine detail and the 08 to fill in large areas. O05 is .2 mm. 02 is .3mm. 03 is .35mm 08 is .5mm. Think 1-1.5mm is considered medium. So all are technically fine.
Thanks for taking time to comment and encourage.

Well it is fun so patience is not really needed. Hard part for me is getting started.
That's what I find too.
Thank you jo, CaliAnn and ArtyCzar For taking time to comment and support

This was a ’challenge’ project.Basic he provides reference photos to use with only generic guidance. Used multiple sizes of micron pens in 9x12 inch sketchbook.
This is complete challenge of 3 photos on a single page.

C&C is very much welcomed.

View attachment 27172
Very nice work on all of these.

Wonderful texture on the wood behind the lock. Good work placing the shadows.

The daisies are done well too. I like how you used the leaves to help define the petals of the flower. Good job with the glass and the distortion of the stems when they go through the surface of the water.

The teddy is my favorite. I like how you captured the shaggy fur. He is nicely grounded to the surface he is sitting on too.

Back