1 ArtWork , 1 Museum

B

bob

let's have a little fun & pretend here o.k.

let's say you were given an opportunity to have one of your artwork's ( painting , sculpture , etc , etc )... just 1 , in any museum in the world .

which artwork would it be & which museum ?

I'll get this party started boys & girls

the painting would be an abstract artwork ( I've got it planned in my head & named )
but since I'm going to © copyright it through the U.S. copyright office I don't want to give too much away .

the museum would be the
Figge Art Museum ( Davenport , Iowa ) .

I'll get this party started boys & girls

the painting would be an abstract artwork ( I've got it planned in my head & named )
but since I'm going to © copyright it through the U.S. copyright office I don't want to give too much away .

the museum would be the
Figge Art Museum ( Davenport , Iowa ) .

a look at the Figge

a look at the Figge

a nice night time pic of downtown Davenport , Iowa & the Figge as seen across the Mississippi from downtown Rock Island , Illinois

County fair? I have one cyanotype photographic print from a found 35mm negative that I think at least some of a museum-going crowd might find every bit as mysterious as I do. If only I could locate it, that is 😄

Aw hell I've never even been to an art museum... I want to go someday but have never gotten around to it. The Albright-Knox is the closest to me....

I have shown a few times at county fairs, though. As long as my horses and cows are there, might as well enter the art and canned goods, also...

My favorites in the world: Metropolitan in NYC, National Gallery and Courtald in London, D'Orsay in Paris, but close to home the Legion of Honor in San Francisco. On the other hand, for me it would be a hell of a kick to have one framed in period style hanging in Monet's home!

One of mine I did as a special gift for a very wealthy friend is prominently displayed in her dining room along side a famous Vlaminck and a Renaissance piece. I'm extremely honored, though few will ever see that.

I don't think Monet has to worry about me displacing his magnificent opus in the round in the Orangerie, however.... at least not anytime soon. LOL

I would certainly love to see any of my large figurative paintings in a major museum. I would likely choose one of 4 or 5 of the paintings that I feel are the strongest. My initial thought was that I'd love to see my painting in one of the grand encyclopedic collections like The Metropolitan, The National Gallery (London or Washington), The Louvre, The Prado, etc... but on further thought, even on the scale I work, I suspect my work would be somewhat lost in one of those vast museums with rooms after rooms of art. So instead, I think I'd like to see my painting hung in the Frick Museum in New York. The setting is absolutely stunning, the choice of art housed there is exquisite, and the entire collection can be taken in and slowly absorbed all in a few hours.

Back