What are you up to?

A Skunk Cabbage Memory Story

Behind our house…bunches of them lived in the swampy end of Lake Tiogue. They grew alongside the lily pads and green algae and a rotten stump that had a bird’s nest. I took the eggs out and brought them home. I hope I returned them at least, but I probably didn’t. Once a water moccasin slithered out of this creepiness. Uncle Louie saw it from our house next door. He ran across the backyard with a garden hoe and yelled, “head toward the house NOW!” We jumped off the swings and ran. But we didn’t know why. Until we turned around. We watched as he chopped the snake to death with the hoe.

The End

A Skunk Cabbage Memory Story

Behind our house…bunches of them lived in the swampy end of Lake Tiogue. They grew alongside the lily pads and green algae and a rotten stump that had a bird’s nest. I took the eggs out and brought them home. I hope I returned them at least, but I probably didn’t. Once a water moccasin slithered out of this creepiness. Uncle Louie saw it from our house next door. He ran across the backyard with a garden hoe and yelled, “head toward the house NOW!” We jumped off the swings and ran. But we didn’t know why. Until we turned around. We watched as he chopped the snake to death with the hoe.

The End
Eek! I'd remember that deadly snake, too, as well as my deadly Uncle Louie and his hoe! :LOL:

Oh no…is your dog okay??! Isn’t a copperhead a serious, hardcore snake? Did you chop it to death with a garden hoe?

Speaking of hoes…last night, while trying to find some good weeding tools, I stumbled upon hula hoes! Never heard of them before and so ended up watching way too many videos of people using them. I was fascinated how they’re sort of like horse stirrups but with metal teeth that allow you to rip those weeds straight out of their hidey holes, without breaking your back.

Yikes. We’re touching on some nightmarish things here…attacking snakes, killer hoes, skunky cabbage, weeds and holes and swamps and scary teeth.

I've just been standing in my back garden watching the show ...

1000014554.jpg

1000014565.jpg

Hannah was supposed to wake me up last night to see it, but I just got up this morning and have no memory of it, so I don't think it happened. I'm sure she got to see it though.

Back